Web Development Careers and Opportunities
Net Shift Media is a Kamloops-based Internet marketing and web development firm providing custom web design, search engine optimization, and web application development services across Canada and the United States. We are a tight-knit group of skilled web developers and Internet marketers and provide our employees the opportunity to work across many levels of the web development industry including web site design and development, Internet marketing, and system administration.
We're always looking for the best of the best, and if you fit the following descriptions we want to hear from you!
You? A True Sales Professional. Us: Seeking To Grow
Net Shift Media Inc. offers over 10 years of website design and Internet marketing experience to a wide range of customers throughout Western Canada. We are actively seeking an experienced and dynamic Sales Professional to join our team.
- Willing and able to work without constant management?
- Not afraid to be held accountable for results?
- Skilled at developing long term business relationships?
We are seeking a driven Sales Professional to join our team. Your task will be to grow new business across the country. You are comfortable taking sales action and being responsible for your success. You are comfortable with the sales process and excel at turning prospects into customers. You are up for a new challenge to join a company driven on growth and to be rewarded for the sales you bring to the table.
We would prefer candidates with at least 3 years of selling skills experience, however we will consider others that could prove they have the majority of the following
- Have demonstrated skills for prospecting for new business
- Grown existing accounts
- Managed account relationships
- Comfortable attending Networking Events
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience working in a Mac Operating System
- Above average organizational skills
- Able to work independently, but also a very strong team player
We would prefer candidates that have at least 3 years of experience in sales, however will consider candidates that can prove they have experience in the majority of the following.
- At least 3 years of selling experience
- Experience selling web sites or Internet marketing services moves you to the front of the line
- Dealing with top decision-makers and multiple decision makers
- Have sold and are comfortable in a commission based selling environment
- Worked in a small company environment that is continually changing and growing
- Created and implemented an individual sales plan
- Able to learn new things quickly
- Able to adapt to new environment
- Innovative thinker
- Analytical problem solver
- High level of customer service
- Strong work ethic
- Professional in appearance and approach
- Ability to learn to sell new concepts or offerings
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth
- System tracking clients
- Time management system
This position provides a competitive compensation package to the right individual and includes a competitive base salary and commission program. Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
We are currently looking for qualified web developers with experience building and maintaining complex web applications.
If you are a fit for the position below then please send your resume and cover letter, along with a number of web sites that you helped develop (indicating your role in each project), to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if an interview needs to be arranged.
Develop and maintain web-based applications and customer web sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building web sites to work seamlessly across multiple browsers and platforms including IE7/8/9, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera on Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops
- Experience development mobile web sites
- Writing and executing test plans for web-based software
- Managing source code with Git source control software
- Programming and Application Documentation
- End User Documentation
- Quality Assurance and Testing web applications
Skills and Requirements:
- University degree or diploma in computer science with 1-3 years experience
- Advanced object-oriented programming and design skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong quality assurance and testing skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Industry certifications and training are an asset
- Other skills in the areas of web application development, Internet marketing, or web site design are an asset.
- Experience with Mac OS X is an asset